Relational Security Corporation d/b/a Rsam ("Rsam") recognizes that its customers, visitors, users, and others (collectively or individually "Users") who use www.Rsam.com (the "Website") and the Rsam Customer Community platform (the "Customer Community", collectively with the Website, the "Rsam Services") value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on the Rsam Services. Rsam provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to utilize or continue utilizing the Rsam Services.
Rsam Collects The Following Information:
- User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to Rsam when choosing to participate in various activities on Rsam Services such as posting messages in our forums, requesting downloads of whitepapers, requesting demonstrations or pricing information or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
- Cookies Information: When you utilize Rsam Services, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Rsam uses both session cookies and persistent cookies (persistent cookie remains after you close your browser). Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Website or Customer Community. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent; however, some features of the Rsam Services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the Rsam Services, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use the Rsam Services, we may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our Users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
Rsam Uses Information In The Following Way:
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Rsam Services, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Rsam Services.
- Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online via the Customer Community becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload comments or send messages through the Customer Community and other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the Rsam Services or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Rsam Services and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
Rsam Only Discloses Information When:
- We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Rsam Services.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Rsam's Commitment To Security of Data:
Rsam uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Rsam and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Rsam makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
A Note About Minors:
This Website is a business and commercial site. As such, it is not intended for children or minors. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, no one under 13 years of age can use the Website. If you are a minor between the ages of 13 and 18, you may use the Webite only in conjunction with your parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult.
In the Event of Sale, Merger, Acquisition, or Bankruptcy:
In the event that Rsam is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Alterations and Updates to this Privacy Notice:
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the "effective date" below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of the Rsam Services constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Date Last Modified:
This Privacy Notice was last modified October 28, 2011.